Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Spirals

Nothing says Thanksgiving like intricate Celtic spirals right? What? I'm sure I can make the connection. A spiral pattern is a glorification and celebration of the unending thanks we have for the bounty that has been bestowed upon us during our path this past year! Kinda works right?

Okay, seriously I found some new books from an author my brother turned me on to, Aidan Meehan. I knew I'd have some time over the holiday to draw so I thought I better go ahead and get them. Problem is, I haven't put them down since I checked them out from the library. I'm totally hooked.





I'm hoping to practice on a number of patterns and then hopefully I can work them onto a pottery piece after I get comfortable with them. What do you think, wouldn't that be beautiful on the bottom of pie plate?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Slán,
Colin

As always you can check out my etsy shop to buy pottery made exclusively by me!
www.potterybycuchulainn.etsy.com

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I love the pictures of the new spirals and can't wait to see them on some pieces!

    ReplyDelete